CoE SA Evaluation Conclave 2017
Happiness – or people’s satisfaction of their lives – has become the key indicator of well-being. Many factors contribute to happiness; these include personal factors such as income, health, the freedom to choose life styles etc. Additionally, there are social conditions such as community interactions and governance. The conditions of the environment in which we live also contribute significantly to well-being and happiness.
In the recent times, work has progressed on quantifying happiness; for example, the evaluative happiness, as detailed in the World Happiness Report, looks at overall quality of life and has developed benchmarks. The ultimate aim of 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development is human well-being examined from economic, social, and environmental objectives, rather than from a narrow agenda of economic growth alone.
Conclave 2017 will focus largely on the relationship between well-being and sustainable development with a view to demonstrate the importance of evaluations in these areas. Conclave 2017 will be a forum for government, civil society, donors and evaluation fora to deliberate on a number of fronts, such as:
- Use of innovative methods and tools in evaluations;
- Fostering governance, accountability, credibility and transparency;
- Gender and equity;
- Environmental sustainability;
- Poverty reduction;
- Inclusiveness and hard-to-reach;
• 6 and 7 June 2017: Pre-Conclave skills development workshops;
• 8 and 9 June 2017: Evaluation Conclave Panels, keynote speeches, round-tables.
The event offers sponsors and partners an opportunity to support the Evaluation Conclave 2017 in a number of ways:
- Sponsoring a skills development workshop, including providing resource persons;
- Sponsoring a Panel discussion with speakers;
- Bursaries to support participation of emerging and/or professional evaluators who lack finances to attend the Conclave although able to contribute in workshops and panels (including airfare, accommodation and registration fees);
- Defraying the cost of participation of keynote speakers;
- General sponsorship towards the conduct of the Evaluation Conclave, 2017
Call for Contributions and Conclave registration are now open.
In the meantime, you are most welcome to contact Dr Ranjith Mahindapala, Executive Director, CoE SA by email email@example.com for any inquiries.